Handwriting Without Tears® accepts the following payment methods:
- Money Order
- Authorized Purchase Order from a School or Business
- Online orders must be paid by Visa or MasterCard.
- Printable Order Forms faxed or mailed must be prepaid by check, money order, or credit card.
- International orders submitted online must include a credit card number. However, for an additional $30.00 fee, an advanced wire transfer payment may replace the credit card payment after the order is finalized by email with HWT Customer Service.
Pricing and Sales Tax
You can obtain a price list by downloading and printing our order form. Choose the state/province to which your order will be shipped.
Sales Tax Policy – United States
Handwriting Without Tears collects sales tax in the following states:
District of Columbia
Handwriting Without Tears does not collect sales tax in the following states:
Sales Tax Policy – Canada
Handwriting Without Tears collects sales tax in the following provinces:
Newfoundland & Labrador
Prince Edward Island
Items sent to APO / FPO military addresses are not subject to sales taxes.
Sales tax charges are based on state and local tax laws and tax rates for the delivery address of your order. Where required, tax will also be applied to the shipping and handling charges. If you return an item for a refund, you will also receive a refund for the taxes you paid for that item. You will not receive a refund for the taxes you paid on the shipping and handling of that item, as the shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable once an item has been shipped.
- Online Orders: The appropriate sales tax will automatically be added to your order based on the ship to address. Please note that on-screen order totals reflect estimated tax. The actual charge to your credit card will reflect all applicable taxes calculated at the time your order is shipped.
- Order Forms and Purchase Orders: Add the appropriate sales tax based on the delivery address. The amount you enter on your order as Estimated Tax may differ from the amount of sales tax ultimately charged to you. The tax rate applied to your order will generally be the combined state and local rate for the address where your order was shipped. Therefore, the sales tax rate applied to your order may be different for an order shipped to your home address than it would be for the very same order shipped to your work address. If you have any questions about what sales tax amount to add to your order, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 301.263.2700. Note that many factors can change between the time you place an order and the time of credit card charge authorization, which could affect the calculation of sales taxes. The amount appearing on your order as Estimated Tax may differ from the sales taxes ultimately charged, as determined by Handwriting Without Tears' certified professional tax rate service provider.
- Tax-Exempt Customers: If you are tax exempt, please include your exemption form along with your order. Online orders may enter the tax exempt number in the online order comments with a note that states that you are tax exempt and are sending in your tax exempt certificate. Then follow up with a fax of the tax-exempt certificate to 301.263.3017 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to note the online order's reference order ID so that we can locate your order. To ensure compliance with state and local tax laws, all submitted forms and tax-exempt information must be received and reviewed by our customer service department before a customer can place an order free of tax.